Thursday, 29 March 2012

Insect lapbook

This project started out as an art session. The kids were allowed to free paint with water colours. As I allowed them to dry and sat admiring them (yes, I do that…I don’t know about anyone else but I love children’s artwork, any childs artwork- there’s something marvellous about how uninhibited children’s works is). Anyway I noticed how their paintings had many insecty like representations within it…admittedly, I have been planning to do a topic on insects with them for a while and had insects on my mind.

While they were sleeping so as not to hurt their feelings- mum attacking their work with scissors is not an image I want them to see, I cut out the kids paintings and drew what I saw on them (for those who aren’t in the habit of seeing insects in abstract artwork!):

So started the beginning of our insect lapbook- and here goes the rest of it:









2 comments:

  1. Bismillaah

    As Salaamu Alaikum

    I love it!
    I just shared this on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasalamualaikum wa rahmatullah,
    Wow, I'm chuffed. JK.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...